Try a delicious treat that the whole family will enjoy - Healthy Pumpkin Bread! This fall favorite is perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack and is packed with Vitamin A. I can't wait to hear how yours turns out!
From Good Housekeeping
Treat family and friends to our slimmed-down quick bread. Gone are the traditional version's 3 grams of saturated fat and all the cholesterol (thanks to egg whites and a blend of low-fat yogurt and canola oil). No one will suspect you've tinkered — a slice is that good!
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Yields: 1 loaf
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Prep Time: 20 min
Oven Temp: 350
- 1 cup(s) (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup(s) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- .25 cup(s) canola oil (I substituted coconut oil)
- .333 cup(s) low-fat plain yogurt (I used 2% organic greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- .75 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- .5 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- .5 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- .5 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" metal loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, combine brown sugar and egg whites. Add pumpkin, oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract; stir to combine.
- In medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert pumpkin bread onto wire rack; cool completely.