--I am so overwhelmed by all of the positive responses that have come from the May Client Spotlight, Ashley Smith. It makes me so much more aware of how important encouraging words and positive attitudes are, and how they can make such a difference in the lives of others. Ashley has inspired so many people to eat healthier and honor the bodies that they have been given.
Encouragement goes such a long way. My challenge for you this week: find a friend and encourage them to exercise with you! Take a walk, go to the gym, or try a new exercise class or video, and while doing this, talk with them about a new healthy recipe you have tried recently! Getting out of your comfort zone will help you to inspire others to live a healthy lifestyle. We can’t go on this journey alone we need partners and help along the way. If you chose to accept this challenge, not only will you encourage and inspire others to live a healthy lifestyle, but you will also reap the benefits yourself! When we make the choice to offer encouragement and thoughtfulness towards others, it often results in us wanting to do it over and over again! Make it your goal to celebrate others this week! Be cheerful and bless others with your words!
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up
as you are already doing.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11
When exercising with a friend this week encourage them by suggesting
a new healthy recipe:
A great Turkey Burger is always perfect for a nice spring evening! Serve them on a whole wheat bun with some baked sweet potato fries!
World's Best Turkey Burger
- 2 lbs ground lean turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese (or less)
- Mix all ingredients together with hands.
- Form into patties of desired size and thickness. If you keep them fairly thick, they will be moister.
- Place into lightly greased, non stick skillet (I like using my cast iron skillet)on medium high. Cook without moving until bottom side is dark brown and crusted - appx 4-5 minutes.
- Turn over, then reduce heat to medium and cook 8-10 minutes longer or until center is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- I serve on whole wheat buns with mayo (or greek yogurt), more Dijon, a slice of pepper jack cheese, lettuce and tomato. Yum!
estimated 275 cal (without the bun) & serves 6
Or mention to a friend one our our family favorites: Mexican Night!
Try these new Quesadillas!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces baby spinach
- Whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 4 ounces semisoft goat cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is dark golden brown. Remove from pan. Add the spinach and 1 tablespoon water to the skillet; cook 2 minutes, or until spinach is just wilted. Remove from skillet and turn off heat. Spread a quarter of the goat cheese on each tortilla and top with spinach, tomato and onion; fold closed and press lightly. Heat the skillet and place two folded quesadillas in it; cook two minutes per side, or until golden brown and lightly crisp. Repeat.
Enjoy these and don't forget the challenge: encourage a friend today!