End of the school year! Wow! I have said it before, but May really feels like the new December! Busy schedules and parties, parties, parties! I can’t tell you how happy I was when Lyla’s preschool teacher sent an email explaining that her end of the year party would be called “Fun in the Sun,” and the kids would be playing outdoor games and making smoothies! Most of you know what a smoothie fan I am, so teaching preschoolers the art of smoothies—well, I honestly squealed when I heard this plan! My job as a parent is to bring a bag of frozen fruit! Heck yes, I will bring three bags!
The great year-end inspired me to write this post about making other parties, play dates or cookouts more about outside fun and making children happy by teaching them how to make delicious healthy snacks!
Here are some fun pictures of Lyla’s party at Green Acres Preschool and some great outdoor games for your next year-end party or cookout! Put out a blender and let the kids make some delicious creations! Start the trend; make an impact one day at a time on making our society a healthier place for our families!
Let's get those kids outside by making a "game jar" and have kids pick out the jar for new & different games!
THE FOLLOWING GAMES ARE GREAT FOR BOTH INDOOR AND OUTDOOR PLAY--as well as parties, or cookouts!
WHEEL BARROW RACE
THREE LEGGED RACE
EGG RACES! (They're not only for Easter!)
FUN WITH BEAN BAGS!!!
BEAN BAG TOSS
After those sweet kids have worn themselves out with the games bring them in to create their own smoothies!
Healthy Smoothie Recipe
Superkid Summer Smoothie!
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
Allow kids to put ingredients in the blender and blend until creamy! grab your favorite straw and enjoy!
Lastly, a delicious summer treat!
Healthy Low Fat Frozen Yogurt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup plain, Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor or blender and process until smooth. If you have an ice cream machine, follow your manual instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream machine, pour processed mixture into a bowl and allow to slightly freeze in the freezer for about 45-60 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop and dish out some delicious, healthy, soft serve frozen yogurt or pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 2-3 hours until set.