What is the challenge?
Keep a food journal for 4 weeks in September! The journal can be an app (my fitness pal is great) or a written journal outlining the details of your meals and snacks throughout the day.
Why take the challenge?
Using a food journal is the number one way you can take control of your healthy lifestyle. Everyone struggles with what goes in our mouths and self-awareness helps us to realize what food and beverages we are actually fueling our body with daily. Journaling is an amazing tool for weight loss, assessing a food intolerance, or to treat a deficiency. I have seen the MOST effective results with my nutrition clients who have kept a food journal and showed it to me weekly! The weekly accountability is the key to success with the journal. You can live anywhere and take this challenge. I am here for you and I will be your partner in this journey! Let’s do it – start today and you will see results!
Email, Text, Facebook, Instagram me that you are taking the September Food Journal Challenge and you will be entered in for a drawing to a win a $75 gift card to Dicks Sporting Goods and 1 free TransFit Nutritional Counseling Session (value $75). To be eligible you must text, email, or bring me a copy your food journal by Sunday for each of the next 4 weeks in September (the first week ends September 8th). Contest ends September 30th and whoever fills out their journal (honestly) weekly and sends it to me weekly (for 4 weeks) will be entered to WIN the PRIZE!
5 Helpful Tips to Get Started with the
1. Find a journal or app that you like and will use weekly. I use a small notebook that fits in my purse. Here is a good guide for your journal:
2. Commit to writing in the journal everyday.
3. Write down your goals for the month of September on the first page!
4. Be honest! I am not judging you on what you eat- the challenge is for you to become a healthier person and to teach you a greater awareness of what you are eating daily!
5. Clean out the pantry and refrigerator. Start your month off right; any food or beverages that are tempting to you- TOSS! You don’t need it and neither does your family! Start this month fresh with a clean refrigerator and pantry so that you can restock with fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
We are all too busy, too hectic, or too unorganized but let's challenge ourselves this month!
Proverbs 21:5 reminds us that, “Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry puts you further behind”.