He trains my hands for battle, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
We have been holding ourselves accountable for our fitness throughout the winter. Now it's time to test that hard work with the first TransFit April Arms Challenge! By clicking on the link below you will be able to download the April Arms Calendar, which has daily exercises to help you strengthen and tone your arms.
Descriptions of the Exercises:
(Illustrations by Shannon Orcutt)
- Plank- Lie face down with forearms on the floor and hands clasped. Extend the legs behind the body and rise up on the toes. Keeping the back straight, tighten the core and hold.
- Wide Arm Push-ups- Place hands shoulder width apart, keep the feet flexed at hip distance, and tighten the core. Bend the elbows until the chest reaches the ground, and then push back up.
- Superman- Lie face down with arms and legs extended. Keeping the torso as still as possible, simultaneously raise the arms and legs to form a small curve in the body.
- Tricep Dips- Get seated near a step or bench. Sit on the floor with knees slightly bent, and grab the edge of the elevated surface and straighten the arms. Bend them to a 90-degree angle, and straighten again while the heels push towards the floor.
- Plank alternating knees in- Assume the plank position, then alternate bringing one knee at a time into your chest.
- L-Sits-Seated with the legs extended and feet flexed, place the hands on the floor and slightly round the torso. Then, lift the hips off the ground, hold for five seconds and release. Repeat!
- Tricep Push-ups- With body in a V shape, make a triangle shape with your index fingers and thumbs touching each other. Drop forehead down into the triangle and push back up- repeat!
- Side Plank- Roll on your side and come up on one foot and elbow. Make sure the hips are lifted and the core is engaged, then hold!
Not only is this a great way to strengthen your arm muscles, but the clients who consistently adhere to the challenge will be entered in a raffle to receive a FREE SESSION! Each day you successfully complete the day's challenge, check the chart attached or take a picture of yourself doing an exercise and post to social media. At the end of the month, we will draw a name out of the raffle and the winner will receive one free session online or in Athens!
Grab a friend for some extra motivation or show your strength on your own. Let's see who is tough enough to take on the April Arms Challenge!