With school coming to an end, summer is about it begin! Being a mother to three amazing (very spirited) kids, I know how difficult it can be to prepare, in advance, healthy meals and snacks! I have found that involving the children in grocery shopping, prepping, and baking helps them to learn and to enjoy eating healthy! Try letting them choose dinner one night (setting some parameters) and let them participate and help with the cooking! Getting the kids involved in the preparation of meal time is a great way to involve the whole family, while still eating healthy! I love to plan fun activities that my family will enjoy especially during the summer! My kids LOVE popsicles but it is difficult to find ones that have less than 20 hard-to-read ingredients, so we have come up with a wonderful alternative! Turn making delicious homemade popsicles into a fun activity and craft that the kids can be apart of! There are numerous healthy recipes to choose from! Let your child choose which fruit he or she wants to make into a treat! Enjoy!
SUMMER STRAWBERRY POPSICLE!
- 2 cups of FROZEN strawberries (red and juicy are the best)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- You can substitute any fruit you would like!
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process or blend until pureed
- Set up your popsicle holders. Pour the liquid in the popsicle containers.
- Place in freezer for 4-6 hours. Serve and Enjoy!
Watermelon Popsicle Recipe:
- Juice from half of a watermelon
- Juice from one whole lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Honey to taste (optional)