Last year many TransFit clients and friends were very successful and had real results in just ONE month taking the Food Journal Challenge! I want YOU to do the food journal challenge again (or for the first time) this September!
What do I have to do?
Keep a food journal for 4 weeks in September! The journal can be an app (my fitness pal is great) or a written journal outlining the details of your meals and snacks throughout the day.
Why take the challenge?
Using a food journal is the number one way you can take control of your healthy lifestyle. Everyone struggles with what we put in our mouths and self-awareness helps us to realize what food and beverages we are actually fueling our body with daily. Journaling is an amazing tool for weight loss, assessing a food intolerance, or to treat a deficiency. I have seen the MOST effective results with my nutrition clients who have kept a food journal and showed it to me weekly! The weekly accountability is the key to success with the journal. You can live anywhere and take this challenge. If you have time to complain or whine about your body, you have time to write down what you ate during the day. You bite it, you write it! I am here for you and I will be your partner in this journey! Let’s do it – start today and you will see results!
Email, Text, Facebook, Instagram me that you are taking the September Food Journal Challenge and you will be entered in for a drawing to a win a $50 gift card to EarthFare and 1 free TransFit Nutritional Counseling Session (value $75). To be eligible you must text, email, or bring me a copy your food journal by Sunday for each of the next 4 weeks in September (the first week ends September 7th). Contest ends September 30th and whoever fills out their journal (honestly) weekly and sends it to me weekly (for 4 weeks) will be entered to WIN the PRIZE! The biggest prize is that you will feel better knowing what you are putting in your body!
5 Helpful Tips to Get Started with the September 2014
Food Journal Challenge!
- Find a journal or app (Lose it, My Fitness Pal, Fitbit) that you like and will use weekly.(I use a small notebook that fits in my purse.) Here is a good guide for your journal:
- Commit to writing in the journal everyday.
- Write down yourgoals for the month of September on the first page!
- Be honest! I am not judging you on what you eat- the challenge is for you to become a healthier person and to teach you a greater awareness of what you are eating daily!
- Clean out the pantry and refrigerator. Start your month off right; any food or beverages that are tempting to you- TOSS! You don’t need it and neither does your family! Start this month fresh with a clean refrigerator and pantry so that you can restock with fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
We are all too busy, too hectic, or too unorganized but let's challenge ourselves this month! Start your September off right!
Proverbs 21:5 reminds us that, “Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry puts you further behind”.