The end of September is almost here, and that means the Food Journal Challenge will soon be over. I've been so energized by the responses I've received thus far, and I can't wait to see what the rest of September will have in store for us! To all those who have submitted their log to me every week -keep up the good work! To those who missed a week or decided to start the challenge late -remember that it's never too late to start changing your life for the better!
"Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praiseworthy, think on such things." Philippians 4:8
Let's fill our mind with positive thoughts and inspiring goals for the remainder of September! You can download my food journal template below to help keep track of all the amazing work you are doing. I am so proud to have so many hardworking clients and friends!
If you need any help planning meals, remember that I just started offering a weekly meal planning service. For just $10 per week, I will send you a pdf meal plan for the week including every meal and snack recipe you need for a well-balanced diet! I can also customize these plans based on vegetarian needs or other dietary restrictions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you'd like to purchase this service you can do so by clicking the PayPal button below.
And just in time for football season, here is a quick and easy recipe I love to bring to tailgate. Serve it with carrot chips for an extra serving of veggies or serve it with homemade pita chips or tortilla chips. Yum!
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 firm-ripe avocado
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas or black beans
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn kernels
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix vinegar, hot sauce, oil, garlic, salt & pepper. Peel, pit, and cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to vinegar mixture and mix gently to coat.
2. Drain and rinse peas and corn. Add peas, corn, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes to avocado; mix gently to coat. Add salt to taste.