Halloween is just a week away, and often with this holiday comes the desire to binge on candy or sugary snacks. With these healthy recipes, you can feel good about what you're eating and get some of your daily nutrients in! I am here for you if you need help meal planning! Please email me at email@example.com with questions!
Lyla enjoyed making the jack-o-lantern face while I blended the smoothie! Crafts and healthy afternoon snack! Check!
Jack-o-lantern Juice Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- Handful of carrots
- 1 serving vanilla protein power or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1tbs flax seed
- Crushed ice
- Honey to taste
Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Looking for a great party snack? Instead of chips or cookies, reach for fruit to make a fun and healthy platter.
- Chocolate chips
For the ghosts, take each banana and slice in half. Add a chocolate chip for the mouth. If you have mini chocolate chips use these for the eyes, and if not slice a regular sized chocolate chip in half. For the pumpkins, peel each clementine, making sure to keep the segments together. Cut small pieces of celery and use these as stems.
- Lemon Juice
- Peanut butter
- Almonds, peeled
- Slice the apples into pieces that look like lips (just a standard slice will work).
- Place the sliced apples in a bowl or lemon water for about 10-15 minutes so they don't brown.
- Heavily spread peanut butter on the tops of each apple slice.
- Stick the "teeth" into the peanut butter of one apple slice.
- Place an apple slice without teeth on top.