Great nutrition is just as important to full body health as fitness! Many friends struggle with getting three balanced meals a day due to the hustle and bustle of daily life! This summer I would love to feature quick nutritious meals that take 30 minutes or less to prepare! This week I'm focusing on high protein breakfasts and the first on the list is the Easy Egg White Omelette! Egg whites are a great source of protein while containing less cholesterol and fat than eggs! With a prep time of 4 minutes and a serving of 4, it is sure to be a meal that the whole family can enjoy!
Easy Egg White Omelette
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, all excess water squeezed out
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 12 egg whites
- 2 tbsp. water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a small skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. .
- Add onions, tomatoes, spinach, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onion is soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add pepper, to taste, and another pitch of salt; and cook for another minute.
- Remove the spinach mixture from the heat to a bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites, water, and a pinch of salt and pepper until frothy.
- Lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet or omelet pan with cooking spray and heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Add ¼ of the egg whites, swirling to evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until set, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Using a rubber scraper lift the eggs up and let the sunny uncooked egg flow underneath.
- Spoon ¼ of the spinach mixture onto half of the omelet, fold over, and slide onto serving plate.
- Repeat with remaining eggs and spinach mixture. Enjoy!
Raspberry Vanilla Almond Breakfast Quinoa
The second of the high protein breakfasts for the week is the Raspberry Vanilla Almond Quinoa ! This meal like the omelette is quick, easy, and filling for the whole family. Raspberry Vanilla Almond Breakfast Quinoa is loaded with protein, fiber, and is gluten-free! It is also light and doesn't give you the heavy feeling that many breakfast foods can and it's easy to digest! This breakfast is guaranteed to give you lots of energy for the whole day!
- 1 ½ cups vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tbsp. raw honey
- 1 cup fully cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp. sliced almonds
- ½ cup raspberries (or other berries you like)
- Optional: add in a scoop of vanilla protein powder for more protein!
- In a small saucepan, add vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey.
- Heat over low heat, stirring consistently until the mixture is combined and warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Place quinoa in a bowl.
- Pour warm milk mixture over top.
- Add with almonds and berries on top.
Blueberry Cashew Bliss Smoothie
The last delicious recipe high in protein is the Blueberry Cashew Bliss Smoothie! Not only is this smoothie delicious and can be blended in under 5 minutes, but blueberries are low in calories, rank the highest of any fruit in antioxidants, and provide 1/4 of your daily value of fiber and vitamin C! You can't go wrong with this super food and it will be sure to keep you and the family cool the whole summer! Lyla(age 6) loves this smoothie for breakfast or a snack!
1 cup almond milk
· ½ frozen banana
· 1 cup blueberries
· ¼ cup unsalted raw cashews
· 1 tbsp. flax seed
· 1 cup spinach or any leafy green
· 1 tbsp. chia seed & 5 ice cubes
Optional: 1 pitted date for added sweetener; 1 serving greek yogurt or 1 serving vanilla protein powder.
Just blend until creamy!
These three breakfasts all pack a punch of protein and are quick to prepare without sacrificing taste! Whether preparing for your family or entertaining friends you can't go wrong with these recipes! If you need assistance with healthy meal planning please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit my website at www.transfitathens.com for details about nutrition consulting.
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6