It has been another incredible week in the studio! We can celebrate the love we have for our bodies through movement and change our perspective to view exercise as worship- that is how you live transformed! While exercise is a way to honor your body, eating nutritious, healing, and nourishing foods is another way to live transformed. Exercise and nutrition are also a vital piece of keeping your hearts healthy! We want to share five superfoods for your heart and a fun, new recipe to try!
1. Hemp Hearts. Hemp hearts are they "heart" of a shelled hemp seed. They are rich in protein and have the almost highest balance of proteins, fats, vitamins, and enzymes. They have been shown to decrease blood pressure, as well as lower the risks of colon and prostate cancer. Also, they can relieve indigestion because they have no known allergens. Sprinkle hemp hearts on your salad, yogurt, or smoothie.
2. Avocado is full of healthy fats and contains many vital nutrients and fibers that your body and heart need. Avocado offers nutrients so that you can have a healthy heart!
3. Leafy Greens contain a nitrate content. This nitrate content allows the heart to pump blood more efficiently and allows for an overall better blood flow.
4. Tomatoes have nutrients that are found to help prevent cardiovascular disease. Additionally, tomatoes have nutrients that can protect and reduce cholesterol and blood pressure.
5. Berries are a source of micro nutrients and fiber. They support your heart through decreased activity of carbohydrate digestive enzymes and inhibit inflammatory gene expression and foam cell formation. If the cell formation and gene expression is not kept under control, it can result in heart disease and a lower, decreased heart health. Raspberries are the highest in fiber, lowest in sugar fruit! Enjoy!
Hemp Transformer Energy Bites
- 1 cup oatmeal (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Hemp Hearts (to roll the energy bites in)
Put all the ingredients in one bowl, mix, and roll them in Hemp Hearts. Then, let chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. Enjoy!
Keeping our hearts healthy is such a vital aspect of our whole body health! We look forward to seeing you in the studio soon and hope you enjoy your weekend! Continue to work hard towards your February goals! We believe in YOU!
Come join us next Friday, February 24th at 12:30 for our Favorite Things Luncheon! You can register on the app! The cost will be $10 to cover lunch! Bring THREE of the same favorite item and at the end of the luncheon you will walk away with three new items!
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.