We hope you have had a great week! It has been another wonderful week in the studio. We hope you feel inspired, encouraged, and loved in and out of the studio. Today, we want to share an amazing recipe that our client, Katie Throne sent us! This recipe comes to you from Katie's Kitchen!
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 3 Acorn Squash
- 16 oz pork sausage (can sub chicken sausage or cooked Farro for vegetarians)
- 4 c rough chopped kale (no stems)
- 2 large leeks, only light part chopped thin and washed well
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Olive oil
- 1/2 c grated fontina, Parmesan-Reggiano combined
- 1/2 c panko breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slightly trim off the bottom and top of the squash so it sits flat. Cut squash in 1/2.
- Scoop out the seeds and clean cavity.
- Brush olive oil on squash and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place squash on foil lined baking sheet open face down and roast for 45 min
- While squash is roasting, cook sausage and set aside.
- Add 1 TBSP olive oil to pan and melt leeks until tender and add chopped kale and wilt down. Add 1 tsp minced garlic and sauté 1 min; salt/pepper (add a few red pepper flakes for heat if you want) to taste; add sausage to leeks/kale mixture and quit cooking
- When squash is done, stuff squash with sausage mixture
- Mix a little olive oil with the cheese and breadcrumbs and top stuffed squash with cheese mixture
- Put squash back in oven for 5-10 min until cheese/breadcrumb topping turns slightly golden brown
Add this recipe to your meal plan for the week! We hope to see you in the studio this week! Continue to sign up for your sessions in advance so that we can best prepare the workouts for you! Join us on January 26 at 12:30 PM for our Goal Setting Lunch and Learn! You can sign up through our app under special events!
We offer nutrition consultations with our TransFit dietitian or nutrition specialists! These consultations are personalized to your needs and will provide you with recipes, meal plans, and tips to live transformed with nutrition! You can purchase these sessions on our website HERE and on our app HERE! If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.