We can't believe August is almost over! This month, we focused on COMMITTING, whether in our exercise, our nutrition or our spiritual journey. It's been a great month at the studio and we want to encourage you to finish the month STRONG and COMMITTED to our goals and dreams!
REMINDER: Our challenge this week is to incorporate high protein snacks in our daily nutrition plan!
Here are some great suggestions of snacks that you can take with you on the go in your busy schedule this week!
Here is a salad full of protein you can try at home this week with your family to stay committed to your nutrition!
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned (rinsed) or cooked
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup edamame
1. Place avocado, cilantro, yogurt, scallions, garlic, lime juice, oil, and salt in a blender; blend until smooth.
2. Place greens in an individual salad bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. (Refrigerate the remaining dressing.) Top the greens with black beans, corn, edamame and tomatoes. Sprinkle with a touch of Mexican cheese!