Do you ever have days where you just can’t seem to motivate yourself to do what you planned to do? I love to run, but that doesn’t make getting out of bed in the wee hours of the morning easy. There have been countless mornings I would have missed my run if I didn’t have an accountability partner. We probably had many similar conversations with ourselves before our feet hit the ground. “I’m going to pretend my alarm didn’t go off. Maybe I have a sore throat? I think I hear rain.” Yet because we were accountable to each other, shoes were tied and a goal was achieved. I’ve tried it both ways, and without a doubt I am more successful in every area of my life when I have an accountability partner.
Here are Lisa’s Top 10 Reason’s for an Accountability Partner.
1. Friendly competition! It’s fun to add incentives to accomplishing goals and some consequences to missed opportunities.
2. It’s easier to quit on a goal when you don’t have to tell anyone: Let your guard down and say your true goal (not an easier version of what you really want) out loud to your accountability partner. Sometimes this is scary for me! But…. saying things out loud makes goals become reality.
3. Many study’s have shown people who wrote down their goals, shared this information with a friend, and sent them regular updatesproved to be more successful in accomplishing their goals.
4. I love the encouragement: Having a partner you can be honest with and that will be honest, sometimes brutally, with you is key. You will be each other’s coaches and cheerleaders along the way.
5. Everything is more fun a friend: an accountability partners reminds you your not in this journey alone. Share your strengths and weaknesses with each other and push on together!
6. Our brains can talk us into and out of almost anything: an accountability partner make us check and double check our decisions.
7. Accountability partners come in any shape, size, or age…It can be your trainer, an exercise group, a friend with your same schedule, a spouse, or a friend across the country—check in via text!
8. Having an accountably partner is a way you can minister to someone in your life. If you need accountability to reach your goals chances are someone else needs it too!
9. We are held accountable for our actions one way or another wether we like it or not.
10. Sometimes we just need a little extra push! Having someone remind you of what your are working for is priceless! Hebrews 10:24, “And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works”.
Accountability is such a crucial aspect of whole body health. Who is your accountability partner? If you don't have one, pick up the phone and text or call someone today! Let's make accountability one of our goals for 2017!
Come join us tonight, January 18th for a TransFit Ladies Night at the Root, next door to TransFit. This will be a time to gather together as a TransFit community to enjoy and get to know one another better! We would love to see you!
Our Live Transformed Bible Study will begin Thursday 12:00 February 2nd. Please email us if you would like to join the 6 week study! We love any lady to be apart of this transformation group!
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.