Last Friday, we had an incredible Lunch and Learn where we heard from our TransFit Personal Trainers, our Dietitian- Kaeti Shurling, and Kristy Smith from lululemon. We walked away feeling refreshed and renewed, ready for this new year and ready to conquer our goals and dreams. We wanted to share some of the key takeaways and the delicious salad recipe.
3 Key Things that Can Transform Your Life in 2018:
1. The people you spend time with!
Are you spending time with people that lift you up, encourage you to be your best?
2. The books you read!
Are you reading books that challenge your mind and spirit? Here are a few that we recommend.
3. Encountering the presence of God!
Are you taking time to be still, rest, and listen? Even a few minutes of calm and stillness can change your day and enhance your mood.
Kristy spoke to us about how to identify our core values, write them down, and reminded us to come back to those values each day as a reminder of the amazing woman you CAN become! Listen to this beautiful song we played while centering our minds....
Remember ladies, even more important than the dreams and the goals you achieve is the person who you become along the way! The journey to your goals is where the real transformation takes place! These dreams make take a lifetime to achieve but they are worth waiting for and working for! Let's start today by CREATING the future of our dreams! Pray big bold prayers! We are here to help you!
Transformer Plate at The Pine (Above)
Mix greens, curry vinaigrette
Herb roasted heirloom carrots and cauliflower (Roast veggies on 425 for 25 minute)
Crispy quinoa cake, sweet potato puree, goat cheese, toasted pecans
- 1/2 c Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- S&P to taste
TransFit Quinoa Cakes
Makes 10-12 cakes
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon oil, plus more as needed
- **any seasonings you like to add deeper flavor
1. Combine the quinoa, eggs, salt, and lemon pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the parsley, onion, and garlic.
2. At this point, you should have a mixture you can easily form into 10 thick patties (use a ¼ cup to form into patties). You want the mixture moist, so the patties aren't dry tasting. However, you want the mixture to hold together when cooking
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat, add 5 patties, cover, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until the bottoms are deeply browned. Carefully flip the patties with a spatula and cook the second sides for 5 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the skillet and cool on a large plate while you cook the remaining patties. Add more oil to the skillet if needed between each batch.
A goal that one of our TransFit trainers had last year was to serve the community well. After praying bold prayers and lots of hard work Shelley is in the process of opening a home to help women called HOPE 139! If you want to help Shelley with her ministry in anyway, please reach out to her at email@example.com.
We hope that you feel inspired. It's never too late to set your goals! You can print off our 2018 goals handout and kickstart this year! Don't forget to send us your January challenge calendar! Remember, the winner wins a package of FREE sessions!! You can email the calendars to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.