My sister in-law and 17-year-old niece were in town this weekend for some girl time before she graduated high school! We had the best time walking around downtown Athens, eating at a local restaurants, watching a movie, and relaxing on our screen porch. Thankfully she enjoys healthy foods and exercising and she told me about her favorite little treat - banana ice cream! I was SO excited to try to create a new treat that our whole family would enjoy, so we played in the kitchen Saturday night creating a yummy new treat!
Cinnamon Vanilla Banana NIce Cream (dairy-free)I keep frozen peeled ripe bananas in my freezer at all times. You never have to throw away ripe bananas. Just peel and place in a zip-lock for later use. Servings: Makes 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Ingredients:
- 3 Bananas (frozen)
- 2 Dates (pitted)
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 TBSP. Almond Milk (added in parts)
- 1 Cup Crushed Ice
- 1 TBSP. Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
- In a vita-mix or other high-speed blender add all the ingredients
- I like to add the almond milk in parts so if you like your ice cream thick you can adjust the liquid
- Serve immediately for a soft serve dessert or freeze for nice cream later!