Happy Monday sweet friends!
First off, I want to share with you the TransFit theme for November- NOURISH in November. This theme will walk us through this month as we focus on nourishing our minds, bodies and spirits.
This Monday morning I wanted to mention how I know this time of year is very BUSY for all of us. With the holidays quickly approaching and the semester coming to an end, we have a never ending to-do list that seems to get longer and longer with every passing day. However, instead of calling this time "busy" I love to call it "full" because many of these tasks are things that we desire to do, we simply pile them on because this season brings so many opportunities for fun and fellowship.
Today, let's focus on being thankful to be able to have a full life! God has blessed us with so many opportunities and relationships that we are able to spend our days filled to the brim with activities!! Let us focus on using our busy schedules to bring Him glory. In everything we do throughout our day- let's turn to Him and do each and every task as though it was for His glory and nothing else. When we do this, God will bless the time that we do have and we will find ourselves renewed amidst our busy lives.
While your schedule may seem daunting- continue to make time for exercise. Continue to focus on viewing exercise time as worship and a way to nourish your body so you can be at your best to be able to love and serve all those around you! After taking the time to treat your body properly, you'll be surprised at how your energy will be renewed and you will have a heightened sense of productivity for the rest of your day!
Here is one of may favorite workouts that will leave you feeling strong and refreshed as you go throughout your busy week!
Strength training has such amazing benefits for your entire body, mind, and spirit. Here are the top 5 reasons you should add strength training into your exercise calendar this week!
1. Builds muscle strength: Adults lose between five and seven pounds of muscle every decade after age 20. Strength training will help prevent this muscle loss, and can rebuild what you may have lost. Also, the stronger your muscles, the more your balance is sturdier. Stronger muscles will keep you safe in your activities and decreases the risk of falls or accidents.
2. Protects bone health and muscles mass: Inactivity and aging can lead to a decrease in bone density. Studies have shown that consistent strength training can increase bone density and build muscle mass.
3. Reduces blood pressure: Strength training can be beneficial for the prevention of high blood pressure by strengthening the heart, allowing it to beat more efficiently.
4. Increases calorie burn: Strength training increases the body's metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories throughout the day. This aids significantly in long term weight los
5. Boosts energy levels and improves your mood. Strength training will elevate your level of endorphins, which will make you feel great.
When we focus on making our bodies strong- our minds will be refreshed and more focused on the tasks we have to complete throughout the week.
Here at TransFit we would LOVE to help you grow stronger: mentally, physically, and spiritually! If you haven't, stop by the website here and check out our different packages that can help you balance your busy lifestyle with proper nutrition and exercise. It is our passion to see you nourish your body, mind and spirit like never before so that you can live your best life!
"The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring." Isaiah 58:11
Have a wonderful, beautiful Monday sweet friends! I can't wait to see what this month holds! Tag us and tell us how your mind, body and spirit is nourished. One of the ways mine is is most certainly through spending time with my spirited kiddos. Here are a few pictures of some fun times!