HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I am so looking forward to this new year with you friends. Let’s make the most of every single day we are given, and make the most of every opportunity we have to be healthier in each area of life. Don’t wait another second, realize that you CAN change any aspect of your life that you want to. I want to take this journey with you and can’t wait to see how much you achieve!
1. Start fresh! Any overeating or missed workouts are IN THE PAST! So get ready to start with a completely clean slate this year and focus on all you are going to do!
2. Make a plan for this year! Don’t get caught in an “all or nothing” mindset, but get focused to do better in any way possible this year! Set goals and be determined to reach them! Make a list of at least 5 long term goals and short term goals you want to accomplish this year.
3. Make rest a priority! Getting enough rest is crucial to maintaining your health mentally and physically. However, getting up early (even on weekends!) allows you to plan out each day, and focus your mind in to have your best day every day.
4. Spend time in meditation or prayer daily. The power of prayer is so huge, and can change your entire mindset. Try to set an alarm at least 10 minutes earlier than normal each day, and meditate on a verse and spend time praying for your friends, family, situations in your life or the world, etc. Start your day with your mind in line with the Lord’s!
5. Hydrate, hydrate hydrate! I know we hear this said all the time, but try new ways to make drinking water a habit. Perhaps have “triggers” for filling up your water bottle. For instance, every day at certain times you will drink a glass of water. Or every time you eat anything you make sure to drink at least one glass. Focus on the blessing that we have practically unlimited access to clean water while so many in the world don’t! When we see water as a blessing it can change the way to approach drinking it often!
6. Think positive thoughts! Focus on dwelling on positive thoughts about your body, nutrition, life, work, etc. Your mind is a powerful thing! Choose gratitude each and every day. Each night before you go to bed, write down three things you’re grateful for.
7. Make a game plan for every day! Each night before you go to bed, make a plan for the next day. Know what you have going on and what you want to accomplish through exercise, nutrition, events, etc. This way, your mind will be at ease as you sleep and you will wake up with a plan set.
8. Eat more protein! Focus on getting a proper amount of protein each day this year. Many women often don’t get enough protein in their diet, leaving them hungrier throughout the day and reaching for empty carb-rich snacks. Start your day with a protein-rich breakfast such as a Greek yogurt parfait, smoothie or omelet to leave you satisfied and full of energy!
9. Find accountability! Find someone with similar goals as you who you can walk through life with. When someone is holding you accountable, you are much more likely to stay on track with all of your goals. This person can be someone who checks in with you at least weekly, and who is motivating and encouraging. This relationship will be one that enhances every area of your life, I guarantee!
10. Give up the all or nothing mentality! Celebrate every small victory, and realize that your health and nutrition is not a diet or a means to an end. This is your new lifestyle. You are striving every day to live your best life and to have the healthiest body, mind and spirit possible. Work hard as though for the Lord and not man (Col. 3:23) and do your best each day. If you slip up, as we ALL do because trust me I know life gets busy and hard, focus on small victories and getting better every day.
For more tips like these with step by step guidance with meal plans, workouts, shopping lists and more check out our January Jump Start program! Help yourself start 2016 stronger and healthier than ever and make it your BEST year yet!
Packages can be found in the shop.
Love you all and can't wait to work with you and see how God moves through you all in 2016!