Good morning sweet friends! Hope you all were able to read Bethany’s (client spotlight) amazing story of transformation! If not, please look at last week's blog and read her story here. She will inspire you to go the extra mile with your whole body health!
My hope is that with the cooler air your will be refreshed and revived – ready for a successful week where you can continue to inch closer to achieving your goals. Remember; strive for progress- daily- not perfection! Remind yourself of your September goals!
Don’t forget about the TF Squat Challenge! Send me photos! #TFSquatChallenge
Also, new tanks are here!! Please see the shop to buy yours today!
So here are two quick things that may make your life a little healthier and happier this week- a recipe and an At Home, TRANSFORMATIONAL SQUAT workout!!
First, the recipe is to DIE for! I made it last Sunday night for some friends and their kiddos and it was a crowd favorite! Let me just say-we LOVE Mexican here!! Probably once a week we have some type of Mexican dish. That being said, we all try to stay on the healthier side of Mexican so I typically throw my protein on top of this awesome salad!!
- 1/2ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned (rinsed) or cooked
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup edamamae
1. Place avocado, cilantro, yogurt, scallions, garlic, lime juice, oil, and salt in a blender; blend until smooth.
2. Place greens in an individual salad bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. (Refrigerate the remaining dressing.) Top the greens with black beans, corn, edamame and tomatoes. Sprinkle with a touch of Mexican cheese!
Boys had nachos while us girls had this yumminess with some chicken on top!!
NEXT is your At Home SQUAT workout! I know the weeks can often get busy, and we struggle to make time for our workouts 3-5 days a week. However there are many simple solutions to this time crunch such as an early morning run, (like ours at Ramsey on Tuesdays at 5:30) afternoon 30-minute power-walk, evening yoga or this fun, bodyweight workout you can do right at home!
For video demonstrations of several of the workouts featured here, check out our Instagram @transfitathens!!
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
Please let me know how I can help you reach your health goals!